Members must abide by the Bylaws and requirements of ISPBC, whereas International Self-Powered Building Council (ISPBC) is an international organization registered under the laws of Washington D.C.
The Board will evaluate ISPBC membership requirements from time to time and act as appropriate for achieving the mission of ISPBC.
Membership in ISPBC is by invitation only extended by the members of the Executive Committee of the council.
Martin Pierce, the Founder and Chairman of ISPBC, has the final decision to appoint members.
Each membership application will be reviewed to verify that the applicant meets the membership requirements, including identifying the appropriate category. All ISPBC members that are themselves membership organizations, shall, as a pre-condition of ISPBC membership and each renewal, publicly disclose their complete membership lists. To protect privacy interests, organizations may choose not to disclose the identity of members who are individual persons.
Membership term is a calendar year (January 1st – December 31st).
Membership fees are based on an annual organizational revenue denoted by levels. ISPBC members pay to support the mission of the ISPBC in uniting and leading the SPB industry by advancing, developing and driving SPB innovations and practices globally.
Resignation or termination of membership will not relieve a member of financial responsibilities, including any dues, accrued up to the effective date of membership termination. Membership in the Council may be terminated when:
1. Dues or other financial obligations to the Council have not been paid as of the expiration date.
2. A member resigns by sending notice to the Council. In the event of resignation, dues already paid for the current year will not be refunded.
3. A member is expelled for actions which the Board deems detrimental to the well-being, interest or character of the Council, including violation of these Requirements and Bylaws of ISPBC. A member in good standing is entitled to due process as established by the Board of Directors.
The Member shall do the following:
- Provide products and services consistent with the standards required by ISPBC and at reasonable cost to the consumer through encouragement of research and development of new energy building materials, building techniques and protocols.
- Not at any time during or after the membership term divulge or allow to be divulged to any Person any of the Confidential Information unless such Person has signed a non-disclosure agreement in such form as shall be provided by ISPBC.
- Protect and safeguard the Confidential Information (‘Members Only’) against unauthorized use, publication or disclosure; use the Confidential Information only in accordance with the terms hereof; not, directly or indirectly, in any way, reveal, report, publish, disclose, transfer or otherwise use any of the Confidential Information except as specifically authorized by ISPBC.